Joint Iran- Iraq Cooperation Road Map for 5-Year Period
The joint road map of cooperation between Iran and Iraq was drawn up for a period of five years and it will be finalized upon formation of a joint working group.
Iranian Minister of Cooperatives, Labour and Social Welfare, Mohammad Shariatmadari, in a virtual meeting with the Minister of Labour and Social Affairs of Iraq, Adel AL-Rekabi, said: “In view of good, brotherly and friendly relationship and the long deep ties between the two countries, the adversaries’ attempt to make disputes has always been unsuccessful. Upon further development of bilateral cooperation between the powerful governments of Iran and Iraq, we are expecting to witness establishment of peace and calm in the region.”
He also underscored the following points:
- Issuance of visa for both countries’ citizens free of charge as of March 2019
- Development of spiritual tourism
- Development of economic- cultural relations through visits to both countries
- Key role of the two Ministries in materializing the potential capacities and enhancement of transactions and relationship of the two countries
- Paving the ground for joint cooperation, including in the cooperative sector
- Exchange of experiences in formulating labour relations and international/ national laws and regulations
- Cooperative Development Bank will be responsible to finance cooperative/ non-cooperative projects and plans and the Iranian Cooperative Investment Guarantee Fund is tasked with issuing letter of guarantees for cooperative enterprises at national level.
- Employment and development of entrepreneurship within bilateral cooperation grounds and using banking resources and development of sustainable employment in rural areas and town with less than 10,000 population
- Technical and vocational training organization of Iran will be responsible to conduct private and public training
- Economic cooperation of Iran and Iran within the framework of the four funds could lead to development of economic undertakings between the two countries.
- Omid Entrepreneurship Fund is responsible to organize and financially support small employment generating activities
Shariatmadari reiterated: “State Welfare Org. is in charge of help-seekers, female-headed households, rights of children and women, social emergency and issues related to people with drug abuse records in Iran, which could be considered as a ground for joint cooperation between the two countries.
The Iranian Minister of Cooperatives, Labour and Social Welfare said: “The draft agreement on obligations for exchange of expert and non-expert manpower has been developed that will be reviewed in the near future.”
The Iraqi Minister expressed his satisfaction in meeting his Iranian counterpart and said: “We hope when this virus is gone, we can further expand our joint cooperation with the friend and brother country, Iran, and ensure our common interests. Iran- Iraq relationship is a deep-rooted historical relation incorporating an array of domains. When Iraq was facing many problems and crisis, the position of Iran was distinguished and always supported Iraqi nation in fighting against terrorism.”
“Since Iraq has experienced several wars and a lot of problems, we need to reinforce our cooperation with the neighboring countries, including Iran”, he added.
Al-Rekabi said: “Our ministry help people in need at the time of hardship and collaboration with other ministries can eliminate people’s problems. The supreme board for supporting disadvantaged groups in Iraq is responsible for social security and protecting women. Many other people in Iraq, due to wars, need learning skills in order to enter labour market. Iran and Iraq have rich and abundant economic and human resources that could help expanding bilateral cooperation.”
Regarding tourism, he said that the two countries need further cooperation, coordination and collaboration.